Library - Knowledge Hub
Library is one of the most important part of the college system. It aims at providing access to its printed resources such as text books, reference books, journals, newspapers magazines etc. as well as access to e-library primarily for the use of faculty and students. Though our college library was built in 1995 but it has kept pace with the advances of technology and put it to full use. The college library has 2 wings one for humanities and other for commerce and computer application. There are 2 reading halls with a total seating capacity of 120 students. Separate washrooms for students and staff are also there in library building. It has an ideal environment with proper ventilation and well lit tables for students and staff. It is well protected with fire extinguishers and CCTV security surveillance. It also offers a power backup and Wi-Fi facility to its readers. The library also has a LED TV with internet connection. It has a separate reading and journal section for researchers. Library facilitates poor & meritorious girls through book bank. It caters the need of 1000 students. As per visitors’ register on an average basis 100 members visit library daily. All book racks are well stocked. Students can easily access to previous university question papers available at the help desk. Fully automated software has been installed to provide the facility of e-catalogue, issue-return, stock taking & verification. Divyangjan users are not required to visit the library; rather library attendant caters their needs whenever required. Central library is also having an introspective corner with Vedas and Epics and think lab to cultivate innovative thoughts. New arrivals are displayed on the revolving display stands. Library has newspaper reading huts and magazine/journal stands for its users. Latest information and circulars/notices are displayed on Notice board available in the library. It also has a printer and photocopy machine which is used for the printing of documents for staff and students (with permission and bare minimum charges). There is a separate computer workstation for students and staff to access e- books/journals.
E-Library / E-Resources
| Books/Journals & Magazines
|| Number of Books
| Text || 7170
| Reference || 2589
| Journals || 30 (Monthly)
| Magazines || 13
| General Books || 2121
| Total Books || 11880
OBJECTIVES OF THE LIBRARY
- To provide study material to the students and staff.
- To meet the needs of poor students.
- To promote reading habits.
- To provide every reader relevant information.
- To strengthen the users’ right to information.
- To provide information services for academic social & personal development of students and staff.
- To facilitate and promote research.
LEARNING RESOURCES AT LIBRARY
- Text Books
- References Books
- Journals (National)
- Journals (international)
- Proceedings of Seminars
COMPUTER INFRASTRUCTURE :
- Library Management Software- SOUL 2.0, Tech lib 7
- Utility Software
- Wi-Fi Routers
- Workstation Terminals/ Desktop PC
- Scanner (Barcode & Document Scanner)
- Photocopy Machine
(For library mobile app download Techlib MOBI from Google Play Store)
- Issue of library card for both students & staff.
- Reading hall facility
- Reprographic Service
- Book Bank facility for poor & meritorious students.
- Current awareness services (Material for competitive exams).
- Career Guidance Services
- Facilities to differently abled students.
- Computerized Issue-Return facility.
- OPAC/Web OPAC (online public access catalogue).
- E-books and e-journals. (Access through login & password).
- Online open digital resources
- Internet/Wi-Fi facility.
- Print photocopy & Scan facility.
- Computer workstation facility.
LIBRARY RULES & REGULATIONS
- Library is open from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm (Working days).
- Identity Card and library card is Mandatory for getting access to the library (for staff and students).
- Books are issued on first come first serve basis.
- Students are instructed to check the books before borrowing else they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
- Books other than reference books are issued for a period of 14 days and reference books for less than a week.
- Students are advised to return/renew the books on or before due date marked on the book. If returned late Rs.2 will be collected as overdue charges per day.
- If the book is lost, then the borrower shall replace the book of the same edition or latest edition or pay double the cost of book.
- Encyclopaedias, dictionaries, handbooks, periodicals, proceedings of seminar /conferences, journals and any other rare books are not issued. Users can only read these inside the library.
- Students and staff can get photocopies of any material at minimal charges of Rs. 0.50 per page or printout at Rs.2 per page.
- Keep your personal belongings in the racks provided at the entrance of the library.
- Using mobile phone is strictly prohibited.
- Students are instructed to enter their name and roll no. in the register available at the entrance of library.
LIBRARY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
The library has an advisory committee to support the functioning of the library .The new books recommended by faculty are purchased only after the approval of the committee. The list of members of this committee is as follows:
- Dr. Suresh Boora, Principal - Chairman
- Dr. Yogita , Associate Professor (Economics) - Convener
- Dr. Sushma, Assistant Professor (Mathematics) - Member
- Mrs. Meenakshi, Assistant Professor (Commerce) - Member
- Mrs. Poonam, Assistant Professor (Political Science) - Member
Contact Person : Mrs. Pooja & Mrs. Saroj | Email I'd :
| Sr. No. || Name || Designation || Qualification |
| 1. || Mrs. Pooja || Assistant Librarian || B.A, B.lib, M.lib |
| 2. || Mrs. Saroj || Assistant Librarian || Diploma in Library Science, B.lib, M.lib, M.Phil in Library Science |
| 3. || Mrs. Babita || Library Attendant || 12th |
| 4. || Mrs. Sudesh || Library Peon || 12th |
| 5. || Mrs. Nirmala || Sweeper |