Incharge : Dr. Parmila
Women Cell of the college is making every effort for uplifting women and its empowerment. The cell has waged a war against illiteracy and ignorance among the village woman folk by organizing workshops, rallies, skits, nukkad natika and other activities in nearby villages.
This cell is working for empowerment of female students through programs of personality development, skill enhancement. Eminent scholars and experts are invited to usher in awareness about various laws and regulations pertaining to dowry, marriage, property rights, sexual harassment and female feticide etc., Seminars, Workshops and Extension lectures are organised for grooming personality of students.
Students participation in different activities is encouraged under the cell by organising different activities like Declamation, Essay Writing, Slogan Writing, Poster Making, Collage Making, Painting etc. throughout the year.
Objectives of the Cell are: -
- Creating leadership quality among women to lead change.
- Imparting legal knowledge so that they could be empowered to defend their rights.
- Diksha, B.Com I got 1st prize in Rangoli Competition organized by Govt. College, Dujana.
- A student Shikha, B. Com. III got 2nd prize in Essay Writing Competition. This activity was organized by women cell at Govt. College, JJR, Session 2012-11.
- A student Ms. Neha, B. Com. III participated in Collage making Competition organized by G.C.W. College, Rohtak on 15th November 2013 and stood 2nd.
- Two students Ms. Renu and Ms. Reenu have participated in State Level Inter-College Speech Competition organized by CRA College, Sonipat on 10th March 2015.
- Ms. Renu, B.Com III got 1st prize in State Level Inter-College Debate Competition organised by Hindu College Sonipat in the session 2016-17.
- Ms. Namrata of B.Com II got 1st position in Collage Making and Nidhi got 3rd position in Slogan Making in the Competitions conducted by Women Studies Centre of MDU Rohtak in the session 2016-17.
- An Edited book entitled "Empowering Women to Lead Change" was published during the session. This book is compilation of some of selected Research Papers presented by in the seminar.
Different Activities Organized By the Cell