Community Outreach Programme
Incharge : Dr. Sarika
The institution engages itself with the outside community over the generation, dissemination and application of knowledge to execute its stated mission. To understand the needs of community and its various issues and to inform, educate and share best practices, the institution takes following actions.
- Conduct various schemes and programmes like Youth Red Cross, Community outreach programme, National Service Scheme (NSS), Women Cell, Red Ribbon Club, Eco-club, B.Voc, Community College etc.
- Organize Blood donation camps and create awareness about healthy life style and work for the promotion of health by going to masses through “The college youth Red Cross”.
- Organize free health checkup camps in the villages.
- Training and motivating the faculty and students to realize the societal needs and issues for creating sufficient awareness among local communities regarding their abilities and potential to handle the critical situations in the face of rampant commercialization.
- The college strives to offer students opportunity to understand the community requirements and concerns and come up with sustainable solutions for the same through classroom learning and giving a chance to students to interact with NGOs and established social entrepreneurs.
- Students are encouraged to help the local communities in solving community problems related to pollution, illiteracy, cleanliness, crop residues burning, protection of girl child, domestic violence etc. Faculty members also help students in this regard.
- Individually the college departments also contribute to serving social concerns and community needs in their own humble way. The department of Psychology organizes mental health awareness camps for the promotion of their positive health agenda.
- The department of Geography organizes field trips for survey of geographical problems. Similarly other departments also engage themselves in varied socially constructive and meaningful interactions beneficial to society.
- Moreover Women cell, Eco-club will involves the community in their outreachProgrammes like gender sensitization, Imbalance in sex-ratio, female foeticide, domestic violence, Health awareness, Environmental protection etc.
- The College Youth Red cross cell facilitates by holding Blood donation camps and first aid camps.
- To promote the cause of social and community concerns, environmental Health, social awareness against dreaded diseases like HIV AIDS, and Nation building taking the services of the National Service Scheme (NSS) Units, the Red cross club, the Red Ribbon Club etc. are constituted.
- Increasing the scale and scope of interactions by making collaborations with industry inseveral modes are initiated.