ECO-CLUB (Sensitivity to Environment)
1. Short films on cleanliness awareness were shown on 16.09.2017 on Ozone Layer with brief explanation.
Outcome: Students learned how can they help protect the Ozone Layer.
2. On 25.07.2017, Slogan writing & poster making competitions were organized by Eco Club. The programme concluded with interaction.
Outcome: students were motivated to save the environment and plant more tress.
3. The cleanliness awareness drive has been organized by Eco Club on 2.10.2017. With students, teachers and discussion among the participants.
Outcome: Students came to know that Clean India - Healthy India mission can be fulfilled only when all of us engage in cleanliness activities. Each and every students citizen should join hands in making India Clean.
4. In order to generate awareness about waste management a collage making competition was organized by Eco Club on 13.02.2018.
Outcome: Students came to know how they can manage waste and sustain the environment.
- Eco-Club has been established in the college premises.
- This club has been established to motivate students as well as village folk to maintain ecological balance. Main motive of this club is to enhance afforestation, water conservation, rain water harvesting and to promote bio-degradable things.
- Various activities are organized under the club to promote its objectives.
- One day workshop on "Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Management" was organized by department of Geography in association with the "India International Intellectual Society" under the aegis of Ministry of earth sciences, Govt. of India on 25th August 2015. Prof. Jagbir Singh Dahiya from Delhi University addressed the students about rapid changes taken place in the climate, which are the cause of many natural calamities like drought, flood, cyclones, melting of glaciers, global warming and green house effect. He emphasised that some concrete steps should be taken on the part of every individual to save the environment.