ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The Department of English has the same year of inception as the Kanya Mahavidyalaya in 1993. The Department aspires to be a leading centre of English by integrating modern and contemporary concepts, skills technology and to attain national and international renown. We provide intensive mentoring to our students both in and beyond the classroom in a wide variety of forums. The Department has an English literary society (Shakespeare club) which convenes different literary activities.
English language lab, which is a unique feature of the college, is already functioning with a committed and dedicated faculty to guide.
VISION: To envision the department as a centre for academic excellence, professional expertise through recurrent exposure to research, creativity and performing arts.
MISSION: To train students in communication skills in English.
- To introduce students to the tools of literary scholarships.
- To strengthen their ability to analyze all forms of literary expression.
- To prepare them for careers and higher education.
- To organize lectures, workshops, seminars and conferences on recent and global themes.
- To expand the learning process and skills of students through new innovative methods.
- Educate students in both the artistry and utility of the English Language through the study of literature and other contemporary forms of culture.
- Provide students with the critical faculties necessary in an academic environment on the job and in an increasingly complex, inter dependent world.
- Graduate students who are capable of performing research, analysis and criticism of literary and cultural texts from different historical periods and genres.
- Assist students in the development of intellectual flexibility, creativity and cultural literacy so that they may engage in lifelong learning.
- Department of English organized one day national seminar sponsored DGHE entitled "Indian English Literature: An overview" on 22 February 2018 in which approximately 200 delegates presented their research papers. Prof. Bhim Singh Dahiya Former Vice Chancellor of KUK and President of Shakespearean Association was the Key note speaker of the seminar.
- Department of English also published the Proceedings of the seminar in an edited book having ISBN -978-81-934469-1-1 entitled "Indian English Literature: An overview".
- Dr. Seemant (M.A, M.Phil, M.Ed, Ph.D) - HOD ,English Department
- Dr. Sarika (M.A, M.Phil, B.Ed ,NET)
- Dr. Sumita (M.A, B.Ed, Ph.D)
- Mr. Sumit Kumar (M.A, B.Ed, NET, Pursuing Ph.D)
Different Activities Organized By the Department