NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME ...
- The motto of NSS is "NOT ME BUT YOU". This expresses the essence of democratic living, upholds the need for selfless service and appreciation of the other man's point of view and underlines that the welfare of the individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of society as whole. Therefore, it should be the aim of the NSS to demonstrate this motto in its day-to-day programmes. The overall objective of the NSS as originally envisaged was service to the community while undergoing instruction in colleges. It was sought to awaken the social consciousness of the students and provide them with an opportunity to interact with people around the campus creatively and constructively and to put their education to concrete social use.
- Two unites are running in our college. Unit-1 was established in 1997 and Unit 2 came into existence in the year 2004. In this unit 100 volunteers are enrolled every year.
One-Day Camps and Special Camps
- In these camps we try to aware students and villagers about all the social-evils, water conservation, women empowerment, save electricity & all the burning issues. Volunteers always try to create awareness among the village folk through meaningful skits, folk songs, nukkad nataks, poetry, speeches and rallies. During the special camps which is of seven days night & day camp volunteers are involved in different competitions such as mehandi, poster making, slogan writing, sports activities, dance competitions and inter-units competitions.
Participation of Volunteers at University Level & State Level Competitions
- In session 2014-15, 22 volunteers of unit-I & II participated in Polio eradication program in Civil Hospital Kharkhoda.
- P.O Ms. Sarika Gupta of N.S.S. unit-l volunteers Kirti of B.Com.-III and Jaishree of B.A. - III participated in Field tour Rajasthan.
- P.O. Ms. Sarika of unit-l and volunteers Jaishree of B.A. III presented paper in one day National Seminar on 22nd March 2014.
- Poonam B.Com. all and Antima B.com. all of unit all participated in Adventmous Camp to Manali.
- Neha(B.Com.III) of unit-II participated in Field tour to Rajasthan.
- Sunaina and Anu of B.Com I participated in 7 days camp (8th to 14th March 2017) organised by NSS unit of MDU on Youth Development at Shimla.
Awards & Honours by Programme Officers of our college
- It's an honour for our college that Mrs. Asha Khatri got Best Programme Officer Award (Second Position) in the year.
- In the year 2013 Dr. Sumita Programme Officer of Unit-2 got Best Programme Officer award (First Position) of MDU, Rohtak.
- Ms. Sarika got an Appreciation certificate in the year 2013 for her Active participation in NSS Activities as a Programme Officer.
- Ms. Sarika Gupta got best program officer award in the session 2014-15.
ECO-CLUB (Sensitivity to Environment)
1. Short films on cleanliness awareness were shown on 16.09.2017 on Ozone Layer with brief explanation.
Outcome: Students learned how can they help protect the Ozone Layer.
2. On 25.07.2017, Slogan writing & poster making competitions were organized by Eco Club. The programme concluded with interaction.
Outcome: students were motivated to save the environment and plant more tress.
3. The cleanliness awareness drive has been organized by Eco Club on 2.10.2017. With students, teachers and discussion among the participants.
Outcome: Students came to know that Clean India - Healthy India mission can be fulfilled only when all of us engage in cleanliness activities. Each and every students citizen should join hands in making India Clean.
4. In order to generate awareness about waste management a collage making competition was organized by Eco Club on 13.02.2018.
Outcome: Students came to know how they can manage waste and sustain the environment.
- Eco-Club has been established in the college premises.
- This club has been established to motivate students as well as village folk to maintain ecological balance. Main motive of this club is to enhance afforestation, water conservation, rain water harvesting and to promote bio-degradable things.
- Various activities are organized under the club to promote its objectives.
- One day workshop on "Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Management" was organized by department of Geography in association with the "India International Intellectual Society" under the aegis of Ministry of earth sciences, Govt. of India on 25th August 2015. Prof. Jagbir Singh Dahiya from Delhi University addressed the students about rapid changes taken place in the climate, which are the cause of many natural calamities like drought, flood, cyclones, melting of glaciers, global warming and green house effect. He emphasised that some concrete steps should be taken on the part of every individual to save the environment.