One Day National Seminar entitled "Indian English Literature : An Overview"
Department of English of Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Kharkhoda organised one day National Seminar entitled "Indian English Literature : An Overview" on 24th Feb. 2018 which culminated into a grand success. Approximately 120 delegates from different institutions presented their research papers in this seminar.
- The day commences with registration followed by inaugural session. The chief guest for the event was Prof. Bhim Singh Dahiya, Former Vice Chancellor of Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra. By lighttening the lamp before Goddess Saraswati all dignitaries gave their consent to start the seminar. Dr. Suresh Boora, Principal, K.M. Kharkhoda welcomed all the guests and gave briefly introduction to the theme of seminar. Keynote speaker Prof. Bhim Singh Dahiya addressed the delegates and illuminated regarding history of Indian English literature.
- In the plenary session, Prof. SPS Dahiya and Retd. Prof. Randeep Rana, M.D.University Rohtak enlightened the delegates regarding tradition and modernity in Indian writing in English, which was chaired by Prof. Bhim Singh Dahiya, formely. Total five parallel sessions were excuted at different venues. First technical session was conducted in Seminar Hall in the supervision of Dr. Jyoti Raj, Associate Prof., GCW Murthal as chairperson. Approx. 30 delegates presented - their paper in this session.
- 2nd technical session was organized in Room No. 1 where 25 delegates presented their paper in the supervision of Dr. V.K. Dahiya Principal, G.C. Bapoli, Panipat as chairperson.
- 3rd technical session was executed in Room No. 2 in the chair of Dr. Saroj Malik Principal, GC Panipat.
- 4th technical session was conducted in Room No. 5 where 27 delegates presented their paper. The chairperson of the session was Dr. Naresh Rathi, Associate Prof. CRA College, Sonipat.
- 5th technical session was organized in lab, where Dr. Jyoti Sheoran, Associate Prof. CRS University, Jind performed the duty of chairperson. Approx. 30 delegates presented their paper in this technical session by all the delegates from different institutions covered various themes of the seminar like - Touching the untouchable : An overview, contempory Indian women novelists, Treatment of Hindu values and ideals, Dalit Literature, Indian Mythology and Deciphering of Metaphors etc.
- Dr. Seemant was convener of the seminar, Dr. Sarika & Dr. Sumita performed duties as co-convener. Principal Dr. Suresh Boora congratulated the whole team for the grand success of seminar.
- In valedictory session Prof. Jagdish atra graced the occasion as chief guest and Dr. N.K. Saini as Guest of Honour Prof. Jagdish Batra enlightened on post colonial Indian English literature. After this certificates among the delegates were given away.
OUTCOME/FINDING OF THE SEMINAR :
The seminar was attended by many prominent scholars and academicians across the country. Over 400 delegates contributed/presented their research work in the seminar to make the event a successful one and achieve its objectives. Many interesting and brain storming discussions were manifested in the seminar.