The 12th year Plan of UGC recommends setting up of Community College (CC) to expand skill based programmes in higher education. Community College (approved by UGC) serves multiple needs including:
1. Career Oriented Education and skills to students interested in directly entering the workforce.
2. Training and education programmes for local employers.
3. High touch remedial education for secondary school graduates not ready to enroll in traditional colleges.
4. General interest courses to the community for personal development and interest like Beauty & Wellness, Apparel & dress designing for girls.
Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Kharkhoda has been alloted Community College by UGC in June 2015. The purpose of taking CC scheme is to facilitate easy access to underprivileged girl students of local community to the skill based education in which they are interested.
On successful completion of training and assessment, candidates will be awarded a Goverment Certificate.
1. On 21st April 2016, Workshop on the topic 'Hair Highlighting' organised by Community College. Mr. Rahul Kataria from Krishna Parlour conducted this workshop.
2. On 25th April 2016, 'Ramp Show' was organised.
3. On 24th May 2016, Extension lecture on 'Air Brush Makeup' by Mr. & Mrs. Sanjeev.
4. On 28th April 2016, Extension lecture on 'Bridal Makeup' by FA PROFESSIONAL Mrs. Manju Ganotra & Mrs. Rajni Ganotra.
5. 5th October 2016, One day workshop on the topic 'Hair Styles' was conducted by Mr. Rahul Katariya.
6. Two days workshop on Personality Development & Communication Skills was organised on 7th & 8th October 2016. Mr. Diptiprakash from IGU Meerpur Rewari and Dr. Sefali Nagpal from BPSMV Khanpur were Resource Person of this workshop.
7. Extension lecture on 'Party and Bridal Makeup' on 25 Feb. 2017 was organised. Mrs. Manju Ganotra was the Resource Person.
8. 'Kaushal Mela' to aware the girls of local community of the college about the skill development programmes was organised on 27 Feb. 2017.